Every day I write down 5 new things in my journal that I’m grateful for… and today I’m grateful for lemons!
1. They fight against bacteria, viruses, and infections.
2. They help the body properly digest food.
3. They encourage weight loss.
4. They cleanse the liver.
5. They promote radiant, clear, healthy skin – and can be very effective against acne, rashes, and other skin conditions.
6. They relieve constipation.
7. They increase concentration and attentiveness.
8. They help with fevers, chills, and cold/flu symptoms.
9. They are useful in preventing/healing cold sores.
10. They are refreshing and energizing – drink more lemon water!
11. The peel helps stimulate brain activity, and is found to help with fatigue and brain disorders
12. They can be used as an insect repellant.
13. They may help lower cholesterol.
14. They have a soothing effect that is helpful with insomnia (especially lemon balm essential oil!).
15. They help restore balance to the body’s pH.
16. The citric acid in lemons helps dissolve gallstones, calcium deposits, and kidney stones.
17. Due to their powerful antibacterial properties, in addition to fighting flu and cold symptoms, they destroy the bacteria of dangerous diseases.
18. The vitamin P in Lemons strengthens blood vessels and can help with high blood pressure.
19. They are useful for treating respiratory and throat infections.
20. They have a calming effect for anxiety, tension and stress.
Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb to the top of Mount Everest, attributed the lemon to his success. There are records in his journal of drinking large quantities of lemon water, when oxygen was low and it was difficult to breathe.
I’m impressed… are you? How could such a tiny fruit be so powerful?! It’s incredible to think that God made the lemon – with all of its wonderful properties, that fight against different imbalances in our bodies.
I like to put lemon juice in water or tea, but you can also add some to a little water with honey – for skin conditions, or use the peel! The essential oil is great for cleaning, rubbing on skin, taking in a capsule (be cautious!), putting into water for a skin spray, or diffusing.