This would be why I’m not blogging anything very interesting as of lately… or rather why I’m sadly neglecting to share what I’ve been learning, making and doing here (in the world of natural medicine). But trust me – there’s a ton happening! And I will be back (hopefully the picture is self-explanatory as to what we’re doing this weekend!) with something a little more meaningful – I promise!
But until then… here’s a recipe that we enjoyed last weekend, while hosting a Family Fun Day here at our home (church families and friends).
Pumpkin Custard Dessert
3/4 cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
1 scant teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cans (or a little less than 4 cups) pumpkin
2 cans fat free evaporated milk
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined (if using coconut sugar, first blend the sugar so that it is extra-fine and not grainy). Pour into a greased 9×13″ pan (I used a glass pan) and place in preheated oven. 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until set (jiggle the pan and the center should not be wet and soupy – it should hold place but move just a little).
We like ours with whipped cream on top!! You can make your own with heavy whipping cream and honey. 🙂
P.S. Here are some updates from what I’ve been working on…
– A sweet lady asked me to make up some pregnancy tea that my mom gave her a recipe for (which my mom drinks all throughout her pregnancies!) – thus a new product going into the shop shortly!
– Harvested more herbs from my thriving little herb garden – more happiness dried and tucked away for future product making!!
– Problem-solving … don’t you love those ‘OH YEAH!’ moments when you get off the phone with customer service, or walk away from a store feeling like ‘more than a conqueror’ – the bigger the problem, all the more to ‘oh yeah!’ about. 😉
– Got a call from my dad today (who is away on business) and heard him ask “who is this..?” – apparently I sound so different (and *so much more clear*) on my iPhone. And so I got the bright idea to change my voice message too. And WOW – happiness! It actually sounds like me now! 🙂
– Packaging up 50+ mailings for my dad’s clients – at last, after 2 weeks the final part of the package (our burned CDs) had arrived! oh joy… a full 60 minutes of audio content arrived in the mailbox as 2 minute recordings.
– Orders came in the mail!! LOVE mail 🙂
That would be an order from this company (whose products we really enjoy!!), along with screen protectors for my iPhone (1 day free shipping from Amazon… gotta LOVE that!) … and also my shopify card reader coming (hopefully tomorrow!) well in time for my next show (the Saturday after Thanksgiving).
– Had some ‘lightbulb moments’ about a few challenges we’re facing. One little brother has terrible red rash covering his body (they think is the result of a virus?)… still working on another brother who has some learning challenges… and a third brother with some neurological issues. And in studying an incredible method of treatment (using aromatherapy) I came across, hoping to experiment with 3 steps to see if we can make a difference and get results!! Thanks to this wonderful book, I was able to easily get answers to questions about the chemistry of a specific oil used in the treatment.
Life is beautiful. Both the joys and the trials; the challenges and the ‘oh yeah!’ moments.
Enjoy this glorious day… and be grateful. 🙂
P.P.S. Here’s a post from last year’s ‘mountain adventuring’ – of which we’ll be doing more this weekend!!